Thursday, December 16, 2010

Air Burst

On boring days, like today, I like to try something commoving.
Back home in India, with no fear of fire alarms being set off, I'd burn a bunch of matchsticks and swoosh them to create eldritch patterns (captured on camera), smelt glass pieces, or simply throw in combustible material into the candle chamber, and shoot the reacting flames. As you can see, I have a great affinity for flares.
Picture Courtesy CafePress
So what has this eccentric inclination got to do with the goings-on at The Qahwa Room?
Usually, after making a pot of coffee, I wait until the next afternoon to empty out the filter chamber.But the lull at work time bucked me to unlatch the filter chamber while it was still letting steam off; just a minute after I'd switched the machine off.
Ended up with a bantam explosion of expended coffee all across the counter, and the kitchen floor. Only advantage was I have been spared the trouble of forking out caked coffee for the steeping tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment