Thursday, December 2, 2010

Battle of the Brews

Picture Courtesy FoodEducate.com
Coffee vs Tea: The rivalry between the world's two most popular drinks has always steeped strong. It's like asking an animal lover - whether they like pet feline or canine. Whatever be your answer, you and your adversary will end up arguing like cats and dogs.

As a java-enthusiast, whenever I have an upset stomach, I concoct a strong cup of tea, and the uneasiness passes away quickly. This antidote, espoused by my mother, works equally well in the reverse as well. If you savor a daily cuppa tea, coffee can do wonders for your unsettled stomach.

Per contra, there are several who duly enjoy tea and coffee. Markedly, my brother enjoys his Godiva Chocolate: Crème Brulée   just as much as his Old Pu-erh Tea.
Picture Courtesy Moillusions
Aberrant though is an HR-duo from my erstwhile workplace. After my job interview (where they made it plain that I was being hired), they invited me to the kitchenette. While I poured myself an ambrosial espresso, they placed two teabags in each of their cups, and proceeded to follow me suit (i.e. they filled their cups with espresso's). They must have noticed my jaw drop to the floor, because they exchanged discerning glances and  proceeded to splash in two tablespoons of sugar in each cup (mind you, these were cups, not mugs).
While tea-drinkers patron the shrubbery leaves for their health benefits, and I can vouch that nothing can energize you instantly better than a cup of strong mocha, this wicked concoction is beyond my comprehension. After working closely working with them over the next year, the palpable shock reduced over time, but I could never cave in to their badgering to try that amalgamation.

No comments:

Post a Comment