Saturday, December 25, 2010

Android Barista

Earlier during the week, while pounding miles on the treadmill, I began to drool watching an ad of a robotic-styled brewer which makes 5 types of coffees. Although I tried hard to remember the name, it slipped off my mind even before the re-run of the same ad came on. So, I decided to remember the TV station airing it, and hoped that they are homogeneously enticing audiences online.
During the lull of the afternoon,  I searched high and low on the TBS website, but found nothing. Google also helped me not.
Oddly, 'Spam' in a dud account rescued me from the kerfuffle. In the span of the afternoon I'd got three email adverts pimping the Tassimo Brewbot.
Agog at the prospect of asking Santa of a swanky Home Brewing System by Bosch, I clicked on every link on the page...and ricked.
The overweening machine makes 7 different beverages; of these is also tea and cocoa, so that's just 5 beverages relevant to me. I'm still interested, and listening.
The video broke into a discussion of pods - coffee conveniently packaged for single servings - which in this case are referred as T-discs. Cappuccino, latte and espresso I can already make with my DeLonghi Coffee Maker, which makes a whole pot of coffee at once. So why should I trade up?
Unlike what some of the advertising implies, it doesn’t even turn into a robot and bring me my coffee. Else $129, and surplus for the pods would have been totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment