Monday, November 15, 2010

Brewing over

Although I have begun to discuss my adoration of coffee in recent times, the love affair was legitimized last November, by a wonderful present from a precious friend.
While residing away from home, on more than one occasion, we had landed at Croma, then the largest shiny looking electronics and gadget store.
During the process of estimating the quickest way to make healthy meals, assessing juicers, toasters, microwaves, etc. I would steer us to the coffee maker aisle. Mooning over their 'one cup coffee maker', I'd expressively raise my eyebrows, asking for permission from my friend to actify on my intentions, while a rookie salesperson rattled away the features from the Product Tag. Then, patiently each time, I would be weaned away with reason.
So it was indeed a pleasurable delight when the same friend gifted me a DeLonghi Steam Driven Cappuccino and Espresso Coffee Maker.


This lean-mean coffee making machine has a 4-cup capacity, with a 2-cup adapter for making 2 espressos simultaneously (as illustrated in the picture alongside). Its swivel jet frother produces thick froth for authentic Italian cappucinos and lattes.
Plain to operate, but the variety of styles and flavorings I have tried in this little champ are countless.








There is a Dutch saying
    Coffee has two virtues: it is wet and warm.
Every afternoon, when my eyelids become heavy, and sleep threatens to overpower consciousness, this Java dispenser cheers the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment