Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Coffee Sot

Earlier today, I was speaking to my aunt, inquiring about the family grapevine, and other juicy gossip, if any. We ended up on the topic of the severe cold which has already clutched the town; and this I stated was my reason for nursing a constant sniffle and a dreadful cough.
She suggested that I try some rum with my coffee, since brandy in warm water was not suiting my taste buds. All at once, I was all ears to her otherwise patronizing speeches. She went on to explain that it is stupid if I did not drink this, as the weather was being such a bitch (not in those exact words, since we were speaking in our mother tongue Gujarati).
This got me thinking (something I don't seem to be able to do very well without the crutch of 'Google'). Turns out, she is not very far from the truth. Empowered Doctor says

Alcohol may not be a "cure-all" cold remedy, but moderate consumption may reduce susceptibility to getting a cold, as well as lowering your risk of several major chronic illnesses.
Fresh Coffee Shop has collated all the hot coffee recipes with alcohol in a single page for easy reference. So bring out your cocktail mixing set and shake it like you mean it.
Yay to coffee, yay to rum. Ta Ra Rum Pum.

1 comment:

  1. I never want coffee when I have a cold, but maybe if there's rum in it, I'll feel differently about it! Will check out that link with the recipes, too.

    ReplyDelete