Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Keep it toasty

If nothing else, the daylight saving shift on the first weekend of November tolls in the onset of dull and gray afternoons to follow. Although meteorologists predict snow only by mid-November, rain and chilly winds from over the Lake Erie have already begun to numb me upto the bone.
My only solace is wrapping my purpling fingers gingery around a cup of coffee, while I curl up with my Omnibus copy of Mr Jeeves snugly under a blanket. So it wouldn't do if the mug cooled even before I'd had chance to savor two long sips.
To prevent me from losing my mojo and my mocha from losing heat, I was presented with this handy Mug Warmer of Mr Coffee.
Unlike the widely publicized USB version, this has an electric socket, with a long chord, which reaches all the way across from my dining table. So now, I make a pot of coffee, and leave it on the cup warmer, to decoct till I am ready for my next page to be turned. The package claims that it is also great for keeping warm soup. Well, I will learn more on that when I fall sick and bring warm some chicken soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment