Friday, February 18, 2011

Ah, Maze


Every summer holiday, I'd go to Essel World, the only Amusement Park worth its salt back in the 90s, besides Appu Ghar in New Delhi. After frolicking about the whole day in the stomach-churning rides, our gang of cousins would go to the Mirror House, Haunted Hotel & Hedge Maze. A group of over 12 kids of varying ages, we'd split into groups of 2s & 3s, and keep bumping into each other, as we tried to find our way out. Eventually, a bored adult would come and frisk us out from the Entrance; so this time we'd enter from the 'Exit' so we could weave our way back. Cupping my palm over on the cheek, I smile reliving those 'care-free' days.
Those annual bizes fixed me with an attraction for labyrinths. With this reasoning, even though playing with your food is not genteel behavior, I make exception in this case.

Saucer's have long become redundant since we all upgraded to drinking coffee from mugs or travel-cups with cozies. Bestowing fun back to the cherub saucers is Fred & Friend's Maze Cafe. Essentially, your boring white cup, with a not-so-boring dish, so you can fill your cup till it 'runneth over', and play about with the spillage.
I can picture myself easily spending an entire afternoon watching the liquid swish about until it runs dry and sticks the cup to the saucer.
Aaah, I love lazy weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment